Tuesday 19 June 2012

Dylusions & Pan Pastels


Last Saturday the afternoon workshop I taught at Snazzys was all about Pan Pastels. I was trying to illustrate my belief that their versatility means just having a few colours of the pastels need not limit what you can create, but actually allows you to really explore all the techniques you can use with them.


This was the final project of the afternoon using Bright Yellow Green and Pthalo Green Pan Pastels, Tsukineko Versamark and Versafine Onyx Black inkpads plus some of my favourite masks and stamps from the brilliant Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions collection.......and with thanks to the lady at Artstamps Cornwall who gave me the idea, my new favourite tool, a Derwent Eraser Pencil.

Often I fail to do anything with my workshop pieces but I set to on Sunday and added a quote which says 'Home is where you can say anything you please because nobody pays any attention to you anyway' - anyone with a brood of children will know exactly how that feels lol!

Thanks for visiting
Back soon xx



7 comments:

  1. I love this!! What a gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Val and I love the saying you've added. I do agree the PPs are very versatile and I know there are loads of things I've not done with them yet.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good post, I usually have far too much stash out when I want to make something new, and I will try a limited palatte next time I play, lovely creation. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Val. I really like how you've designed it too. Pan Pastels and Dyan's stamps really work well together. I'm your newest follower Val. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Michelle and welcome to my inky world. Not enough time to get inky here recently but you can catch up with some of my workshop projects for Snazzys over at http://sosimplysnazzy.blogspot.com/ Love your work BTW xx

      Delete
  5. Great project Val and yes those Pan Pastels work great with the Dyan stamps!
    By the way, have you decided yet whether you are coming to the SECC in Glasgow? It would be fantastic to see you there and I could purchase a few more of those yummy pastels too lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the use of the limited colour palette - so effective! Love how you've used the images too. I'm your newest follower Val and look forward to seeing some more of your creations.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete